Quality driven Guy Christian delivers professional hair styling, colouring and hair extensions in the comfort of their three cool, contemporary salons; two in Cardiff and one in Cwmbran. We popped along to wish them a happy 10th anniversary…
What sets Guy Christian apart from other salons?
We’re a friendly, yet professional salon; we pride ourselves on attention to detail and cutting edge hair styling, offering the latest techniques and trends. We achieve this by investing in our staff through continued education.
Each of our three salons has a Wella Colour Master Team member who specialises in colour corrections and free-hand techniques and our Senior Team regularly attend training courses at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in London.
We are also a Sassoon Professional Partner salon; recognised for our commitment to excellence in cut and colour. We run bi-monthly training days for our assistants and are always on the lookout for models for cuts, colours, conditioning treatments and blow drys for our sessions.
It’s a great opportunity for our trainees to learn and practice their skills under the watchful eye of one of our seniors, and for models to get a great deal. Models required for each session can be found on our Facebook Training Page: https://www.facebook.com/ GCSalontraining
We’re always on the lookout for help; do you have any hair care tips that you can share with us?
- Shampoo is for your scalp, conditioner is for your hair. No matter how long/short your hair is you should only be using a small amount of shampoo.
- Don’t shampoo your hair in the bath – when you rinse, the oils reattach to the hair.
- Dry shampoo is a great styling aid for fine hair to prolong the life of a blow- dry.
- The shorter your hair is, the more product you should use.
- If you have curly hair diffuse it from very wet all the way to bone dry, upside down for maximum effect.
- Clean the filter on the back of your hair dryer as a dirty filter slows the air flow over the element and increases the temperature of the air causing damage to the hair.
- Only use your hot styling tools on bone dry hair – if it steams or crackles, your hair is not dry enough.
- When making an appointment at the salon bring a few pictures, but make sure you take into consideration your own hair type vs the models. If you have fine hair, skip the conditioner to get more control and volume
- If you don’t use the same products at home as the stylist, you won’t get the same results.
Thank you, that’s great advice. What product ranges do you use here at your salon?
We use Sassoon, Wella, Nioxin, Sebastian and Olaplex, and they’re all available to purchase in any of our salons.
And last but not least, do you have any plans for the future?
As you know it’s our 10th birthday this year so we’ll be celebrating with exclusive offers and competitions for new and existing clients. The business has grown from strength to strength since the first salon opened on City Road in Cardiff in 2007, expanding across South Wales with two further Guy Christian salons in Cardiff Bay and Cwmbran. We want to continue to grow while remaining one of the leading salons in Cardiff; staying ahead of the trends and working with the best products. We have exciting plans in the near future – we can’t reveal anything at the moment but we’ll keep you informed!
Guy Christian – Cardiff Bay
2A Bute Place, Cardiff CF10 2AL
Guy Christian – City Road
111 – 113 City Road, Cardiff CF24 3BN
Guy Christian – Cwmbran
14 Monmouth Walk, Cwmbran NP44 1PE
Follow on Facebook & Twitter